AbbVie Associate Director, Global Marketing – Oncology in Lake County, Illinois
We have a critical new position in our Global Marketing & Commercial Operations group responsible for driving the launch for AbbVie’s late stage oncology asset, ABT-414 or depatuxizumab mafodotin (Depatux-M), being developed by AbbVie for the treatment of Glioblastoma (GBM), a deadly and devastating primary cancer of the brain.
This role will be hired either as a Associate Director, Global Marketing – Oncology or Senior Global Marketing Manager- Oncology based on level of experience. This role will report to the Marketing Director, Oncology, and will be based in our offices in Chicago.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develops and articulates effective marketing strategies that are impactful, executable, easily communicated, and clinically supported for areas of responsibility (product/indication/channel).
- Demonstrates ability to segment a market, select optimal target audiences and position effectively for the target segment.
- Creates high-impact promotional material that supports strategic objectives.
- Lead and manage indirect teams and external partnerships to execute key marketing initiatives
- Continually evaluates and applies knowledge of the effectiveness (share impact/ROI) and efficiency (expense control) of promotional tactics.
- Effectively manages projects to deliver high-quality work product in a timely fashion (meets deadlines). Ensures that regulatory guidelines are followed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of industry information sources
- Uses appropriate data sources to evaluate effectiveness of promotion (ROI/share impact analysis) and develop business strategy.
- Effectively directs research team efforts in primary research projects.
- Demonstrates and utilizes holistic understanding of financial planning.
- Significant pharmaceutical experience with specialty products (10 years), including minimum 5 years of marketing experience.
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand medical/clinical aspects of a pharmaceutical product and its application to marketing strategy
Must have positive attitude, strong written and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent planning and organization skills to support brand objectives
- Oncology and/or Launch Experience is highly desirable but not required
- Must have the ability to effectively collaborate with, motivate and influence various levels/grades within the organization and outside of the organization
- MBA and/or scientific background and/or Global experience would be a plus
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Demonstrates strong cross functional and cross geographical influence and leading without authority capability
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns, fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 1703863
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled