AbbVie Business Human Resources Manager - US Commercial in Lake County, Illinois
As an AbbVie Human Resource (HR) professional, you’ll be a trusted partner helping to shape our culture, support our business strategies and finding and developing the talent necessary to make a remarkable impact on AbbVie and patients around the world.
We seek to fully develop our employees’ skills so that we can leverage AbbVie’s diversity of opinions, cultures and experiences in all that we do. You will leverage best-in-class HR practices to continually construct, deliver and support programs that establish AbbVie as an employer of choice while empowering all employees at all levels of the organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leads the US Commercial Rewards & Recognition program including the administration of the Yay!You Program
- Serve as a strategic partner to the business, developing HR strategies, needs assessments and resulting HR solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring the effective “delivery” of all HR programs and services. Responsible for HR results in the business, including client satisfaction, HR effectiveness and associated financial results.
- Establishes, builds and maintains strong relationships with key HR partners from all Practice Areas and Service Centers to ensure elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet business needs; includes relationship management, leadership, HR roles/responsibilities, and service delivery commitments.
- Be the ambassador of the HR organization to represent the services and resources available to the business and help manage the collective reputation of the HR organization as a whole.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and Procedures.
- Develop proposals and recommendations to resolve strategically important issues affecting a major business segment.
- Prioritize critical projects based on business need and available resources.
- Manage and leverage human and financial resources within scope of delivered project services while supporting a major segment of the business.
- Secure organizational commitment to fund and implement said projects.
- Facilitate and implement change. Ensure that day-to-day activities are moving forward.
- Manage delivery of HR services across a major segment of the business.
- Ensure appropriate amount of resource planning is accounted for by the Practice and Service Centers to support the needs of the respective business segment.
- Responsible for managing business needs of multiple senior leadership teams. Know the Business.
- Significant depth of knowledge of critical success factors and challenges for a major business segment and its role in the larger AbbVie business models.
- Must be able to understand and utilize historical and broad organizational data when weighing business HR decisions and actions.
- Able to understand all the options available and the potential impact of those options across the respective business units, as well as within the larger AbbVie business models.
- Have credibility with Senior Management to maximize successful outcomes.
- Must be able to think creatively across a wide breadth of business segment(s) as well as deep into the respective organizations.
- Identification of trends and new approaches to business processes should be both incremental as well as “ahead of the curve”.
- Initiatives and changes to current business processes must have a clear linkage with other organizational efforts being proposed or already ongoing in the respective business.
Responsible for the diagnosis, development and delivery of HR strategies, programs and services that influence and drive the needs of the respective business.
Role will be hired at a Manager or Specialist level based on candidate experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Project management or business experience.
Significant breadth of understanding of functional HR roles and responsibilities and impact on the business. Preferred:
Master’s degree preferred, or equivalent.
- SPHR Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting the business preferred.
Demonstrated understanding of organizational development activity preferred.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns, fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: HUMAN RESOURCES
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Req ID: 1704123
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled