AbbVie Business Relationship Manager - Finance in Lake County, Illinois
The Business Domain Technology Relationship Manager will be the strategic interface for the Operations Finance for the purpose of business-IT strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. This position provides highly-valued strategic consulting level support and guidance throughout key AbbVie IT initiatives. The position facilitates, and serves as a lead, for the planning and execution of initiatives to enable the Operations Finance to achieve objectives through the effective use of technology. This position also communicates decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding service requests, projects and initiatives. This role also acts as advocates on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet their business priorities and needs
- Work closely with aligned business partner in the development and execution of defined strategies and project development, facilitating the smooth adoption of new technology-based solutions.
- Overall portfolio investment, benefit and risks assessment and optimization. Participates in the Financial and Planning cycles.
- Responsible for selecting and evolving various projects that implement the company strategy, including new initiatives, both strategic and business essential, IT project and discretionary maintenance/enhancements.
- Works with the appropriate stakeholders to proactively identify and evaluate risk associated with business decisions.
- Manages stakeholder’s perceptions with all AbbVie IT services.
- Acts as an advocate for business needs and required results.
- Helps identifies and mitigate potential problems and conflicts with IT delivery.
- Act as the global IT leader for Operations Finance. The position will work with business and IT senior management to define the Finance system strategy and deliver solutions to align with the Finance Operations’ business goals.
- Partner closely with peers to influence and shape the evolution of AbbVie’s Operations Finance system strategy and solutions.
- Partner with strategic managed services and enterprise partners to ensure high quality development and delivery of data solutions.
- Develop regular communication channels and forums to align on planned activities for all demand (Enhancements/Projects) with internal teams and/or external service providers.
- Develop, define and implement the overall IT demand management structure & processes in agreement with other IT teams as required.
- Build an overall demand pipeline on both an annual and ongoing basis (mapped against annual plan).
- Provide comprehensive view of all forward demand and create demand reports at detailed and aggregate levels.
- Own the demand aspect of relationship management with internal and external delivery teams.
- Develop, implement, measure, review and improve KPIs for the overall demand management process.
- Develop dashboard for demand management KPI’s to ensure governance, create transparency and enable demand tracking capabilities.
- Develop and maintain a demand roadmap aligned with priority, IT capacity, technical dependencies and ongoing project portfolio.
* Required: Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience. * Preferred: Master degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Computer Engineering. * Required: Minimum of 12 years of combined experience in Information Technology. * Required: Knowledge of Pharmaceutical industry. Advanced knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies. * Required: Experience with both Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM) methodologies. * Required: Deep understanding and knowledge of the Financial Reporting and Consolidation functions as part of Finance. * Preferred: ITIL Foundation Certification. * Preferred: ITIL Intermediate Planning, Protection and Optimization Certification. * Required: Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion. * Required: Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills including coordination across functional and technical teams * Required: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. * Required: Ability to prioritize and multi-task. * Required: Strong problem resolution skills. * Required: Experience with the following: o Strong finance skills on the areas of: + Financial Planning & Forecasting, + Project Accounting, + Financial Closing & Reporting. o Strong knowledge on Operations Finance including Product Costing and Controlling including inventory re-evaluation, absorption, manufacturing variance and potency calculations.
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 1703569
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled