AbbVie Catering Associate in Lake County, Illinois
The role of the Catering Associate is to provide guest service and meals that satisfy and exceed our guest expectations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Daily catering within the unit which includes but is not limited to: Produce catering meals and accompaniments for all catering orders.
- Coordinating timely deliveries, receiving catering orders, communication with guests, ordering of items for catering orders & events, suggestive selling of catering services.
- Assure that high levels of sanitation and safety are met.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Coordination & Organizing - includes ordering food and paper supplies. Notify cooks, breakfast, and salad and dessert areas of catering needs.
- Timely deliveries and clean-ups. Assuring orders are complete and special requests are met.
- Preparation - includes preparing food and accompaniments for daily orders. Works in an organized manner. Creation of fresh, quality
- Breakfast and lunch items. Setting up tables, room designs and linen according to guest requests. Lays out work area to be the most effective in preparation and speed.
- Communication - includes receiving, confirming and making necessary adjustments to customer orders. Event planning, suggestive selling,
- Handling guest concerns, phone calls, e-mails, and voicemails.
- Communicating with co-workers and clients in professional manner.
- Cost Control - includes following recipes, usage of leftovers, waste reductions, inventory control, and order adjustments. Using wise and
- Prudent judgment and knowledge to contribute to the profitability of Abbott.
- Cleaning and sanitation - Keeps work area clean and clutter free at all times and is inspection ready. Also includes proper sanitation of area and usage of gloves while preparing. Practices clean as you go method.
- Catering experience.
- Self-motivated, excellent communication skills with proven track record in providing excellent guest service.
- Must be able to follow verbal instructions, written recipes and instructions for menu items.
- Cashiering experience.
- Proactive team player, flexible with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to change in a positive manner.
- Excellent work and attendance record.
- Overtime required, flexible work schedule at times.
- Sanitation certificate preferred but not required.
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Req ID: 1705493
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled