AbbVie Director, Business Technology Solutions Communications & Training in Lake County, Illinois
This position is responsible for the strategic direction, development, coordination and execution of communication and training globally. The incumbent ensures that employees and stakeholders are fully informed, engaged and able to execute the AbbVie strategy.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manages and oversees all aspects of the communication and training functions across all organizations, including communication strategy development, transformation and related communications initiatives, whether delivered by internal or external resources.
- Builds and optimizes the communication strategies and the various programs that support these strategies; ensures communication and training strategies across all functions are aligned with AbbVie objectives.
- Provides Communication and support for transformation activities. Works with Leadership Team to structure and integrate plans & deliverables ensuring that AbbVie employees and business stakeholders are able to make the transition to the new operating model and governance processes. Collaborates with Enterprise Communications to ensure connectivity to overarching communications strategy.
- Leverage communication and transition plans to ensure the ongoing success of the global transformation.
- Develops, integrates and leverages detailed communication plans across multiple audiences, including strategy, stakeholder analysis, integration alignment, messages, timing, media and effectiveness tracking.
- Partners with Subject Matter Experts across functions to design and deliver high-impact training and communication programs for their organization’s needs.
- Owns the communication and transformation metrics; identifies measures that assess the effectiveness of communication and transformation initiatives and illustrate the impact on the business. Proactively communicates these metrics.
- Anticipate issues that affect AbbVie as an enterprise; proactively address those issues with Communications leadership at enterprise level.
- Direct/oversee work of internal and external communication agencies engaged to support objectives and tactical plans.
- Sets the communication strategy and execution plans for all external communication outside of Abbvie, This includes coordinating with Public Affairs messages at conferences, articles, employee external recognition, etc. This also includes setting the communication plan and strategy working with recruiting for external candidates we are looking to hire. Provide communication training and coaching to internal business partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Communications or in a related discipline.
- 12 years of training, communications, and change management experience.
- Background in communications, people management, HR, or management consulting.
- Solid business judgment capable of driving a diverse organization with a focused, pragmatic approach.
- Ability to forge relationships and influence people at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated capability to foster high levels of political trust and credibility in the organization.
- Keen understanding of how to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines, as well as the ability to proactively identify and implement effective solutions.
- Proven, robust written and oral communications skills.
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 1704442
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled