AbbVie Epidemiology Data Analytics Head, (Director) in Lake County, Illinois
The AbbVie Epidemiology organization, within the Department of Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety is seeking a Director of Epidemiology Analytics. The person in this role will be a key leader and contributor to the development and implementation of a state of the art real-world epidemiology data analytics capability within AbbVie Epidemiology, focused on epidemiologic evidence for unmet patient needs, to evaluate patient safety, and to support the understanding of the benefit risk profile for marketed products.
- Manage a dedicated analytic staff with expertise in observational data analyses using AbbVie and non-AbbVie data sources including administrative claims and health record databases to support evidence generation for characterizing the benefit-risk profile of AbbVie products.
- Collaborate and consult with internal and (less often) external scientists to translate scientific concepts into analytic plans.
- Oversee the development of a scalable analytic infrastructure including fit for purpose technologies, software and talent.
- Develop standard analytic modules (macros, visualizations) for epidemiologic studies using in-licensed secondary data sources.
- Execute (or oversee execution of) protocols and analysis plans to the highest standards, suitable for regulatory submissions and peer reviewed publications.
- Propose and evaluate new data sources and services to increase capabilities and efficiency of the epidemiology analytic center.
- As member of BRM-E Leadership team, enhance relevance of Epidemiology to broader organization by ensuring deliverables are of high quality, relevant and timely.
- Report to the Head of Benefit-Risk Management, Epidemiology, Innovative Platforms and work closely with TA Heads in Epidemiology.
- Graduate degree (e.g. M.S., Ph.D.) in a quantitative science such as statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, computer science, economics or business analytics.
- At least 5 years (Ph.D.) or 10 years (M.S.) of experience analyzing real world healthcare data (electronic health records, claims, surveys, registries), for epidemiology, health services or outcomes research purposes.
- High degree of expertise in SAS programing with experience in other programming languages (e.g. R, Python) preferred.
- An understanding of epidemiologic/observational research methodology and its applications in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience as a people manager and strategic team leader with a record of success, with the customer focus in mind.
- Track record of building meaningful partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Organization: Research & Development
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Req ID: 1703996
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled