AbbVie International Compliance Director in Lake County, Illinois
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 29,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
For more information, please visit www.abbvie.com . Follow us on
Primary Job Function
The International Compliance Director provides direct oversight for moderate to complex elements of AbbVie’s Compliance Program. The Director is responsible for supporting AbbVie’s Commercial Operations function with respect to its International business activities. The Director will also lead and contribute to various global and regional compliance initiatives and projects.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Supports the Commercial Operations function, including Global Marketing Commercial Operations and Global Commercial Development.
- Provides leadership, guidance and support on proposed commercial initiatives and tactics, identifies moderate to complex compliance issues, conducts rigorous analysis and proposes compliant alternatives.
- Provides leadership, guidance and support on moderate to complex ethics and compliance issues, including policy interpretation and requirements, compliance risk assessments, trend analyses and best practice recommendations.
- Coordinates global and cross-regional compliance initiatives and projects, establish standards based on best practices, review key internal audit and investigational findings and identify and implement appropriate corrective and preventative actions.
- Reviews industry trends and internal controls data, and recommends and implements corrective actions.
Possesses in-depth knowledge of AbbVie's businesses supported and knowledge of the broader business impact. Leads cross-functional teams on complex issues or projects.
Will have direct report(s) and associated people management responsibility, with focus on mentoring, coaching, and developing direct report(s) and others.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills a must.
Play a key role in recruiting and hiring team members.
Report to Ethics & Compliance Officer, International
- Key member of the OEC organization with global reach
- Assigned matters have significant impact on AbbVie’s Compliance Program
- Operates with autonomy and limited day-to-day supervision
Minimum of 8 years work experience in functions such as compliance, legal, audit, regulatory affairs, or finance.
BA/BS required. CPA, Masters, JD, or equivalent work experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge of U.S. and ex-U.S. compliance laws and regulations, and experience in health care industry, strongly preferred.
Must have strong leadership, analytical,communication, project management and problem solving skills.
International experience preferred.
· Occasional international and domestic travel will be required.
Key Leadership Competencies:
Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the immediate team to enable higher performance
Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation to drive the science in the field of interest
Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Req ID: 1703894
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled