AbbVie Project Manager, Environmental Engineer in Lake County, Illinois
AbbVie Lake County Operations is recruiting for a Senior Environmental Engineer in the Operations organization located in North Chicago, IL. The individual selected will have responsibility for all aspects of environmental compliance on behalf of the company (Federal, State, and Local). This role, in conjunction with the Director of Environmental Compliance and Sustainability advises the organization on environmental matters, new environmental regulations, and permit requirements. This position shares in the accountability for the overall compliance performance of the organization.
The Senior Environmental Engineer key responsibilities include:
- Providing environmental technical and permitting support to the AbbVie organizations in Lake County. The organizations supported include manufacturing operations, supply chain, quality, site operations, and research and development.
- Providing the technical input to plan, design, develop, and permit manufacturing processes for new products working with cross-functional teams including: R&D, Quality, Engineering, Process Support, and Manufacturing.
- Developing close working relationships with all functions within Operations, R&D, and Corporate organizations.
- Developing and implementing environmental programs to meet regulatory requirements and Company standards.
- Preparing recommendations to management regarding equipment upgrades, relating to air emissions, wastewater treatment, storm water management, recycling, hazardous waste management, and hazardous material handling.
- Interfacing with external regulatory agencies on behalf of the Company on permitting and compliance matters pertaining to air, water, and waste issue.
- Advising site management on a routine basis on the status of environmental compliance and provide advice on correction/risk reduction when necessary.
- Leading and coordinating the investigation of environmental incidents, conduct any external reporting, address corrective actions, and communicate the results within the organization and to applicable external organizations as necessary.
- Coordination of a number of compliance reports for the operations in the areas of air, water, and waste.
- Maintaining current on applicable USEPA/IEPA regulations, observe all regulatory requirements as well as internal Company standards.
- Generating ideas and participating with cross functional teams on environmental sustainability efforts to achieve Company objectives.
- Bachelor Science degree with 5 years of Environmental experience
Masters Science degree with 5 years of Environmental experience
Bachelors Science degree in Engineering or Science discipline
- Certification (PE, CHMM, QEP, etc.)
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Req ID: 1605454
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled