AbbVie Senior Director, Corporate Strategy in Lake County, Illinois
AbbVie is building a best-in-class strategy team to help us define our future and tackle a series of exciting growth opportunities.* *As a business strategist, you will work closely with senior management to advance our strategic agenda and drive mission-critical initiatives that will make a real difference for AbbVie’s patients. You will report to the Vice President of the Corporate Strategy Group (CSG) as part of the Corporate Strategy Office (CSO.)
AbbVie is an innovation-driven, patient-focused specialty biopharma company that spun out of Abbott Labs five years ago. With a current market cap of $150B, we have outperformed all of our major pharma competitors in total shareholder return since our inception. We have the energy and ambition of a NewCo, coupled with the scale and resources of an established leader. With an industry-leading late stage portfolio and an innovative early pipeline, we are well-positioned for the future. At the same time, we recognize that strategy – and in particular, looking ahead and making the right internal and external innovation choices – is critical to our momentum and success. As a strategist, you will influence these choices to help shape our future and positively impact patients’ lives. You will also work alongside experienced leaders and be positioned for career growth and rotational opportunities within the company.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Drive strategic initiatives that will address mission-critical questions and position AbbVie for future success
- Work with leadership to monitor, understand and prioritize external trends of relevance to the enterprise, and help determine how AbbVie should prepare and/or respond
- Provide targeted support for AbbVie’s long-range strategic planning process, including helping leaders shape their therapeutic and disease area strategic plans
- Partner with and advise senior management on topics relevant to their businesses
- Help communicate our strategy across AbbVie
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g., Medicine, Sciences, etc.) preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience at a top-tier strategic consulting firm, preferably with healthcare and pharma industry experience
- Ability to plan and lead complex, cross-functional projects
- Exceptional problem-solving skills; ability to frame ambiguous and complex issues, dig deep to develop the fact base and understand the nuances, and then distill options for management decision-making
- Highly collaborative, genuinely enjoys working hand-in-hand with the businesses to develop solutions that advance AbbVie’s overall mission
- Strong facilitation and written communication skills; ability to lead meetings with senior stakeholders to advance project objectives
- Sound business judgment
- Drive, energy, and passion to advance AbbVie’s mission Minimal travel (<10%).
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Req ID: 1705501
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled