AbbVie Senior Financial Auditor I in Lake County, Illinois
AbbVie’s Internal Audit (IA) function plays a valuable role in protecting and enhancing the organization’s value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insights. The function is guided by a disciplined, collaborative approach that is aligned with AbbVie’s strategy and the IIA standards with a focus on constant innovation and talent development.
The Senior Financial Auditor is responsible for conducting Financial audits of critical processes throughout AbbVie's international and domestic organizations and formulating recommendations for improvement in operating performance and controls. Auditors will spend approximately 24 months on the Corporate Audit staff in a career development rotational program before moving on to other challenging opportunities within the company.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Plan and execute Financial audits throughout AbbVie's international and domestic organizations.
* Coordinate execution of financial audit plans to optimize audit speed and effectiveness.
* Coordinate efforts with internal / external audit as appropriate.
* Prepare and present financial audit findings to business stakeholders.
* Identify and communicate risk & control themes.
* Participate in the financial risk assessment and development of the audit plan for assigned entities and critical systems.
- 3--6 years’ experience
- Public accounting - Big 4 or next tier (i.e Grant Thornton, RMS, BDO)
- Experience as a Senior Auditor (at least one, preferably two busy seasons)
- Degree in finance and/or accounting
30-50% travel to AbbVie's International and Domestic locations required
CPA highly preferred or progress toward attaining CPA
- Other certifications/degrees a plus: CIA, CPA, CFE, MBA
- Language skills a plus
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 1705241
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled