AbbVie Director / Senior Director – Program Team Leader, Oncology in South San Francisco, California
Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products — Imbruvica, Venclexta, and Empliciti — and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in nearly 200 clinical trials in 19 different types of cancer.
AbbVie is expanding its oncology hub on the West Coast, with three sites in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City, South San Francisco, and Sunnyvale) focused on the discovery and development of novel oncology therapies. More than 1,000 AbbVie scientists, clinicians, and product developers with strong entrepreneurial roots work across these three sites. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. This position is based at Stemcentrx, AbbVie’s South San Francisco, CA location.
Director / Senior Director – Program Team Leader, Oncology
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development in oncology, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team for the development and implementation of an integrated Product Development Plan (PDP), including the global strategy and drug development program, for one or more products in the Stemcentrx portfolio thru late phase, commercialization and possibly Lifecycle.
- Leadership of a cross-functional early development Project Team(s) including representation from clinical development, translational medicine, regulatory, clinical operations, CMC, commercial, and other functions as determined by the strategic needs of the project
- Guides the strategy and planning for the program to deliver the greatest and most efficient value to patients, physicians, payors, and Stemcentrx via cost-effective, de-risked investments
- Coordinates strategic and operational efforts with Clinical Development, Regulatory, CMC, and Commercial to result in global regulatory approvals
- Promotes an innovative and collaborative culture, leveraging functional expertise of team members, internal and external stakeholders
- Terminal degree (PhD, MD or MBA) in biomedical sciences or other drug development-related discipline with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical or clinical research environments including late stage/commercial program success(es). Experience in oncology preferred. Alliance and collaboration experience may be an advantage.
- Significant drug development leadership experience, including history of effective management of cross-functional teams thru phase 1-3 drug development and regulatory submissions (NDA/BLA/MAA). Lifecycle and commercial experience preferred.
- Proven ability to lead and influence data-driven strategic planning and implementation, including the ability to focus a team to work towards its goals effectively, efficiently and on target
- Experienced management of drug development budgets and fiscal responsibility
- Strong skills in: communication, both oral and written; presentation and meeting leadership; coaching and personnel development
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-California-South San Francisco
Organization: Research & Development
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 1702059
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled