AbbVie Associate Scientist, Quality Control in Worcester, Massachusetts
The Associate Scientist, Quality Control reviews laboratory testing within a fast- paced GMP environment in support of one or more of the following areas; raw materials, in-process product, final Bulk product, stability, and/or validation.
Reviews test data and evaluates results. Writes procedures with guidance. Works under the guidance of a supervisor but is able to manage time efficiently in achieving timely completion of assigned duties. Assists in trending data to support assay performance. Assists in writing lab Investigation reports.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Reviews test methods, reports, data packages and audit trails to support product/material release.
- Understands and maintains a safe work environment for themselves and others in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Understands, implements and maintains GMP with respect to laboratory records, procedures and systems in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Will review a multitude of laboratory techniques for which they are trained.
- Accepts responsibility to complete assigned tasks as committed. Works with others to maintain a positive atmosphere to accomplish business objectives.
- Revises procedures as necessary and provides support for department.
- Helps maintain trend reports, which support departmental performance.
- Support investigations.
*Schedule: Must be able to work Saturday and Sunday [as well as three other weekdays] *
Qualifications: * BA/BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Medical Technology, Biology or equivalent science degree. * 2 years of related work experience. * Maintains their certifications as needed for assigned job tasks.
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: QUALITY ASSURANCE
Primary Location: USA-Massachusetts-Worcester
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Req ID: 1706207
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled