AbbVie Supervisor, Manufacturing I/II (2nd Shift) in Worcester, Massachusetts
Here at AbbVie, we are looking for a Manufacturing Supervisor to join our organization. This role will be based out of the Abbvie Bioresearch Center (ABC) in Worcester, MA. In this role, you will direct and perform general to complex duties in assigned area within the Core Support department.
Under limited supervision, you will perform and monitor complex processes in Media Preparation, Buffer Preparation and Glass Wash areas. You will comply, and ensure compliance of your staff, with all safety requirements, current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). This is a Second Shift Role with direct reports, and will be required to support weekend activities as schedule requires.
_Key Responsibilities Include_: * Organize and Schedule Work o Coordinate activities in Media Preparation, Buffer Preparation and Glass Wash. o Develops short term (daily and weekly) plans for area Technicians to ensure that production schedule is executed. o Works with peer Supervisors to share resources and align plans and expectations. o Drives critical path of operations efficiently. o Fosters culture where safety, quality and respect are paramount. Values continuous improvement. * People Management o Supervise and develop non-exempt personnel through talent acquisition, coaching and performance management (i.e. performance evaluations, promotions, disciplinary actions, etc.). o Provides on the floor training to support formalized technical and GMP training. Checks that operator training files match and support the processes that they are required to perform. * Metrics o Ensure department and site metric goals are achieved through schedule adherence and quality execution.
- BEx/Project Work o Proficient in core and related work processes. Identify and implement improvements to work processes. o Assist in maintaining area’s budget and capital planning.
Grade level will be based on education and years of experience This is a second shift opening
Preferred Educational Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree [or equivalent] and 8 years of experience in all aspects of manufacturing/ production processes. [OR]
- Associate's Degree/Technical Certification and 10 years of experience in all aspects of manufacturing/ production processes Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree [or equivalent] and 5 years of experience in all aspects of manufacturing/ production processes [OR]
- Associate's Degree/Technical Certification and 7 years of experience in all aspects of manufacturing/ production processes
Additional Qualifications Required: * Computer proficiency and scheduling experience required; good writing skills. * Working knowledge of safety, quality systems, and cGMPs is required. * Familiarity with industrial automation (e.g., distributed control and PLC-based systems. * Familiarity with equipment and facilities validation. * Knowledge of complex technical issues and manufacturing experience in a biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical or similar environment. * Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software packages/systems, (i.e. SAP, LIMS, DCS, etc.). * Strong problem solving and prioritization skills.
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: MANUFACTURING & OPERATIONS
Primary Location: USA-Massachusetts-Worcester
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Req ID: 1706810
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled