AbbVie Pharmacyclics Senior Director, Trade Market Access in Sunnyvale, California
Senior Director, Trade Market Access
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
# of Openings: 1
General Position Summary/Purpose:
The Senior Director Trade, Market Access will be based out of our corporate headquarters in Sunnyvale, California and will be the in house individual responsible for all short and long-term trade strategies, programs and tactics associated with IMBRUVICA in the US. This individual will be responsible for a team of direct reports who manage additional personnel and responsibilities. He/she will lead cross functional efforts around trade strategies, programs and tactics associated with trade in the US in the areas of distribution, SPP and SD management, PBMs, 340B, and contracting.
This individual will report directly to the Executive Director Market Access and will work closely with several departments including but not limited to US Marketing, Sales, Regulatory, Legal, external customers and the joint commercial team. The individual will also be responsible for the team budget and staffing requirements.
The candidate must be able to operate as a leader in a fast paced organization, with high expectations and accountability on quality and timing of the deliverables. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high performing team committed to making a difference for the betterment of patients.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
· Lead a team of highly experienced Trade professionals, while overseeing the execution multiple strategies and the development of programs and tactics to attain strategic objectives in all areas of the trade organization.
· Manage department budget
· Manage department personnel and staffing requirements
· Lead, coordinate and manage all Trade related activities that will help ensure success
· Work with internal stakeholders on executing evolving federal and legislative rules which impact distribution in the US.
· Coordinate leadership and/or assist in planning and development of reimbursement content for key trade accounts.
· Develop and assess metrics to ensure success of all department personnel .
· Ensures all company values are met within the department on a consistent basis.
· Work closely with other departments and compliance legal departments to ensure the department meets and exceeds all training responsibilities and meets all policies and procedures
Education and Qualifications:
· Bachelors Degree or equivalent; Scientific degree, MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
· Experience working in Hematology/Oncology therapeutic area and Hematology/Oncology market access are required.
· Must have previous experience with distribution and GPOs.
· Successful track record as a leader in trade with 10+ years relevant experience with increasing job responsibilities
· Evidence of strong analytical skills, project planning and organizational skills required
· Candidates must possess the ability to proactively analyze business problems, identify key issues, develop solutions, implement tactical programs, and design metrics to measure business impact.
· Strong communication, leadership and ability to drive influence across stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure outstanding execution
· Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities and people.
· MUST be based out of our Sunnyvale, California corporate office.
· Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled